Saturday, December 13, 2008

Greenwood Chirstmas Parade

A couple of weeks ago our town had its annual Christmas Parade, I was not entirely sure we were going to go but after mentioning it in front of Alyson and her request that we take her so she could see Santa I decided we would brave the cold and go. Unfortunately Owen was not feeling very well the night of the parade (fever and overall aches) I had determined that Alyson and I would just have to go it by ourselves. My cousin Kellie, however was kind enough to accompany us the parade, I am sure she felt more like my pack mule (she carried most of my things, camera, blanket, and various other things while I carried Alyson the ENTIRE HOUR AND A HALF we were at the parade). I need not mention that after standing at the parade for that period of time holding a nearly three year old child one's arms tend to feel a lot like jello by the end of the night, but we made it and I am so glad we went. Before the parade began they had the lighting of the town square and fireworks, Alyson had a wonderful time. Thanks Kellie for going with us and braving the very cold temperatures.



0 comments: