Saturday, August 2, 2008

Go Hogs!



This was the last week of the "summer program" at Alyson's daycare which means that after the break this next week they will officially begin their curriculum for the new year. Her daycare has a set curriculum for ages 18 months and up. They followed very closely the same calendar year as Ft. Smith schools. Anyway with all that being said each day there was a theme. Friday was the end of summer party, the theme was Razorbacks. This was dedicated to one of her teachers, whom we loved dearly, because she will now be going to school in Fayetteville. Of course I didn't wait until the last minute to look for her a Razorback shirt (yea right), so I went Thursday night on the mad hunt for a "cute" shirt, no such luck. I decided the best thing to do was to make one, by the way let me tell you there is nothing I dislike more than crafts, it is just something I never have liked. Nevertheless what is a good mother to do other than make her child a Razorback shirt at 11:00 pm the night before. Alyson really seemed to like it when she found it the next morning. I asked her who made her shirt and she said "my mommy made it for me", that definitely made it worth it. I do think it turned out very nice and in fact I received several compliments on it from her teachers at daycare.

2 comments:

Lindsay & Family said...

Very cute! Other than scrapbooking, I'm not big on crafting either (despite a few tries, I found that I have no talent or patiece, I'm afraid). I'm quite impressed with this shirt, though...maybe you can show me sometime how you did it?

Dana Lynne said...

LOVE the shirt!