Thursday, August 28, 2008

Poor Aunt Mimi :(

Last Saturday night late we found out Aunt Mimi had broken her arm after being kicked by a horse. It was BAD. The following morning after Alyson woke up and we were getting ready to go to church I was telling her that Aunt Mimi had broke her arm unaware of what was about to unfold. She was very upset that her Mimi was hurt, I had to eventually call my mom to have her calm Alley down. How unassuming of me, I had no idea she even understood what I was telling her, but she did. After church I took her over to see Mimi and to see that she was fine. Aunt Mimi had surgery on Monday to correct her fractured ulna and dislocated radius. She had a plate and screws put in, I opted not to share this information with Alyson so as not to have another break down. Mimi ended up staying a night in the hospital but when she came home I took Alyson to see her. On the way to her house Alyson asked me if Mimi arm was fixed, I told her yes that it still hurt but it was fixed and it will get better, she just smiled and said "oh good". Mimi is doing pretty good as of today, we all just want her to feel better:) Never underestimate toddlers.

0 comments: